The Montclair Public Library posts open positions on this webpage, along with the NJLA Job Hotline and the BCCLS want ads. If no positions are open, persons interested in future openings can submit an application for employment to Library Administration, though submission does not guarantee consideration.
Part-time Library Assistant, Borrower Services Department
Up to 18 hours weekly, $16.47 per hour
The Montclair Public Library is seeking a part-time Library Assistant to work at both the main and branch libraries.
Applicants must interact effectively with staff and the public in a professional and positive manner, and have excellent interpersonal and communications skills. The successful candidate for this position must be available to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours as required. A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion is a must.
Applicants must be able to answer general questions about the library and its collection and be proficient with computers and technology. A willingness to learn and and take initiative is a required. Knowledge and previous experience working in a BCCLS member library is helpful, as is experience with Polaris LEAP.
- Assisting with all circulation functions both on and off desk, including, but not limited to, patron registration, check-in and check-out of materials, and packing and unpacking of daily deliveries.
- Shelving patron requests and pre-shelving materials.
- Assisting patrons with searching the library catalog and placing hold requests.
- Processing and /or linking library materials.
- Retrieving patron requests and over dues.
- Upkeep of circulation email and processing of overdue notices.
- Maintaining displays and hold shelves.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent
To apply either drop off, mail or email a cover letter and resume through January 31:
- Montclair Public Library / Attn: Dawn Quinn, 50 S. Fullerton Ave., Montclair, NJ 07042
- Email: email@example.com