The Montclair Public Library posts open positions on this webpage, and also on NJLA Job Hotline and BCCLS want ads. If no positions are open, persons interested in future openings can submit an application for employment to Library Administration, though submission does not guarantee consideration.
The Montclair Public Library is seeking a part-time hourly Library Page for the Youth Services Department to perform routine tasks to maintain the organization and appearance of the children’s and young adult collections.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Shelve materials and maintain the organization of the shelves so all materials are neat and can be found in their proper place
- Ensure that all materials are easy to access (not too crowded) and that shelves are well labeled
- Neaten library as needed, e.g., straighten chairs, put away children’s games and toys. Organize supply cabinet as needed
- Retrieve items for the daily “pick list”
- Assist clerical and professional staff as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Able to perform routine tasks without direct supervision
- Able to organize materials alphabetically and/or in Dewey Decimal order
- Able to bend, lift, carry, walk for a two-hour period while shelving or packing
- Able to push and maneuver book carts weighing at least 10 pounds
- Behave courteously and helpfully to public and to maintain effective working relationships with library staff
- Elementary school graduate, some high school
- Minimum age is 14. (Youths under 16 require a recommendation from the school guidance counselor.)
SALARY & HOURS
- $11 per hour
- Up to 18 hours per week
- Morning hours required
Monday, March 2, 2020
Submit a completed application for employment to: Enola Romano, Youth Services Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may also be picked up in the Administration Office of the Montclair Public Library.