GIFT ACCEPTANCE POLICY
- The Library welcomes gifts from the public to assist the Library in meeting it objectives and serving the public. However, certain gifts may be unsuitable for the Library because of the nature of the gift, its conditions, or the ongoing costs of managing the gift. The Board of Trustees of the Library adopts this Gift Acceptance Policy to assist donors in structuring gifts or deciding how to make an appropriate useable gift to the Library, by providing these guidelines.
- This policy is subject to change by the Board; it is intended only as a guide and allows for some flexibility on a case-by-case basis upon approval of the Board. The Library Executive Director is charged with reviewing and discussing with donors potential gifts and policies on gift acceptance. The Board of Directors shall act on the recommendations of the Director.
- The Library is not responsible for loss of time, work or property due to equipment malfunctions.
- With the exception of those requiring special assistance, only one person may be seated at a Library PC. If you require such assistance, please see a staff member for accommodation.
- Computer use and internet policy
- Social Media policy
- Montclair Public Library is a member of the Bergen County Cooperative Library System.
- Library cards must be presented when checking out materials. The absence of a card will result in a borrowing limit of two items and a delay until the library card member can be determined. Identification must be presented.
- The normal loan period for books is four weeks.
The loan period for books in high demand is two weeks.
- To learn more about fines and fees, click here.