The Senior Space is MPL’s dedicated space for older adults!
Senior Space Wednesdays
The United Methodist Communities at PineRidge of Montclair, in collaboration with MPL and AngelaCARES, hosts a resource center for seniors in the library’s Senior Space. PineRidge of Montclair and AngelaCARES equip the space with resources and programs aimed at enriching the lives of local seniors. Senior Space programming takes place every Wednesday from 10am to 2pm.
Subscribe to the Senior Space email list to receive the weekly schedule.
Questions? Call the library reference desk at 973-744-0500 ext. 2235.
Check out our senior workstations and sample the latest in assistive technology:
- Use Audiovision to listen to news and special interest programs.
- Use the CCTV table-top enlarger to magnify text in printed books or magazines.
- Use the EyeSnap Reader to have printed content read aloud to you.
- Borrow the Assistive Listening Device to boost audio content.
- Use the computer enhanced with JAWS and MAGic software to have online content magnified or read aloud to you.
Need help using our elibrary, figuring out your tablet or researching online? Book an appointment with a librarian or call the Reference Desk at (973) 744-0500 ext 2235 to schedule one-on-one instruction.
Development of the Senior Space has been made possible through a contract award from the INFOLINK Regional Library Cooperative and the Montclair Public Library Foundation.