MPL offers the following assistive technology:
- Audiovision to listen to news and special interest programs.
- Use the CCTV table-top enlarger to magnify text in printed books or magazines.
- Use the EyeSnap Reader to have printed content read aloud to you.
- Borrow the Assistive Listening Device to boost audio content.
- Use the computer enhanced with JAWS and MAGic software to have online content magnified or read aloud to you.
For more information or to schedule an appointment to explore these technologies, book an appointment with a librarian or call the Reference Desk at (973) 744-0500 ext 2235 to schedule one-on-one instruction.
Home Assisted Device Loan Program
The Library is continuing to acquire adaptive equipment and provide services to persons with disabilities. The following equipment is available for circulation and patron use in classrooms, places of worship, restaurants, workplaces, meetings, etc*. To request one of the following devices, please fill out this form.
- Personal Amplifier
- Two personal FM listening devices and receiver (150° range) and one wide-range system (>150°).
*Montclair Public Library is one of twelve Regional Resource Centers for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing and is one of six Libraries Statewide participating in the FM Library Loan Program.
The Library’s TTY is now NJ Relay 711 or 1-800-852-7897
Montclair Public Library’s expanded services to persons with disabilities are funded in part by two grants from the New Jersey State Library and the Laraja Foundation.