MPL has the latest in assistive technology, including:
- Audiovision to listen to news and special interest programs.
- Use the CCTV table-top enlarger to magnify text in printed books or magazines.
- Use the EyeSnap Reader to have printed content read aloud to you.
- Borrow the Assistive Listening Device to boost audio content.
- Use the computer enhanced with JAWS and MAGic software to have online content magnified or read aloud to you.
For more information or to schedule an appointment to explore these technologies, book an appointment with a librarian or call the Reference Desk at (973) 744-0500 ext 2235 to schedule one-on-one instruction.
Home Assisted Device Loan Program
The Library is continuing to acquire adaptive equipment and provide services to persons with disabilities. The following equipment is available for patron use and circulation:
- The following equipment is available for circulation: TTY Machine FM Assistive Listening Devices*
- Two personal systems (150° range) and one wide-range system (>150°) are available to be taken out of the Library and used in classrooms, places of worship, restaurants, workplace, meetings, etc. If you would like a demonstration of how any of the above equipment works or to check availability for loan, please call ahead to the Library to make an appointment.
*Montclair Public Library is one of twelve Regional Resource Centers for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing and is one of six Libraries Statewide participating in the FM Library Loan Program.
The Library’s TTY is now NJ Relay 711 or 1-800-852-7897
Montclair Public Library’s expanded services to persons with disabilities are funded in part by two grants from the New Jersey State Library and the Laraja Foundation.