Sign up for TXT notifications!
Receive TXT notifications when:
- Your requested items are ready to be picked up
- Your items are overdue
- One of your holds has been cancelled
- Go to www.montclairlibrary.org and in the upper right hand corner, click “Account Login”.
- Enter your library card # or username and password, then click “Log In”.
- Once you are logged in, click “Contact Information and Preferences”.
- Under “Contact information,” enter your cell phone number in the box for Phone 1, Phone 2 or Phone 3, if you have not done so already.
- Next to your cell phone number, select a Carrier from the “Carrier” dropdown menu, if you have not done so already. If your carrier does not appear in the list, you are not eligible to receive TXT notifications.
- Select the “Send TXT to this number.” button to the right of the phone number at which TXT messages are to be received.
- Under “Preferences” is where you will select your notification preferences.
- If you wish to receive TXT notifications EXCLUSIVELY, under “Preferences” select “TXT Messaging” from the “My preference for receiving library notices” dropdown. If you wish to receive TXT notifications in addition to email notifications, leave this preference set to “Email Address.”
- Once you have selected your preferences, click “Submit Change Request” and you will receive an email confirmation that your preferences have been changed. Moving forward, you should begin receiving TXT notifications.
- If you have any questions, please call at 973-744-0500, ext. 2233