Montclair Reads Cheaper by the Dozen
Join us in another element of our 125th anniversary celebration: Montclair Reads Cheaper by the Dozen, a community read of the classic book about one of Montclair’s notable families. “We are very excited to be incorporating this bit of Montclair history and reading into our celebration,” says Coyl.
Beginning April 14, the Library will distribute free custom copies of the book and a discussion guide. Email email@example.com or call 973.744.0500, extension 2234 to reserve a copy. We are happy to make copies available to individuals, groups, book clubs or classes.
Throughout April and May, the Library will hosting Montclair Reads events, such as book clubs and movie screenings. Highlights include:
- April 30 at 6:30 Montclair Historian Michael Farrelly’s lecture: “The Gilbreth Family of Montclair.” Register.
- May 8 at 6:30 Step back in time to the Cheaper by the Dozen era with the Dapper Dans of Harmony and an ice cream social. Register.
- May 11 at 6:30 Author Jane Lancaster’s lecture: “Beyond Cheaper by the Dozen: The Remarkable Lillian Gilbreth.” Register.
- May 17 at 3 “From the Archives: Images of Old Montclair” will show pictures from the Library’s archives. Register.
- May 24 at 6:30 “The Ultimate Montclair Reads Book Club” will include a screening of and a discussion led by Library Director Peter Coyl. Register.
Additional Montclair Reads Book Club Meetings:
“On the occasion of our 125th anniversary we are proud to look back and build on the success of years past” says Coyl. “Here’s to another 125 years learning, connection, and progress!”