H.A.S. – Home Assisted Services
If you are a Montclair resident and are not able to leave your home, temporarily or permanently, please contact Dawn Quinn at 973-744-0500 ext. 2280 for more information. If you know of someone who qualifies and would benefit from this service, please refer them to the Library!
*Audio players and DVD/movie players are also available to borrow as part of this program.
Sounds Great! How Do I Sign Up?
• Participants must live in Montclair.
• The program is designed for those who cannot leave their homes with ease, either temporarily or permanently.
• Participants must have a valid library card, free of fines. If the patron does not have an existing library card, one can be issued to them when they apply for the service.
• Deliveries are made once a week on Tuesday. Patrons must call the library by noon on Monday for Tuesday delivery.
• H.A.S. patrons are responsible for accepting books from the driver. If they cannot come to the door, a safe place must be designated where books can be exchanged.
I‘m Already Signed Up, Now What?
• Call the Reference Desk (973-744-0500 ext. 2235).
• The best time to call is in the mornings, but you can call whenever the library is open. Be sure to call by Monday at noon at the latest for Tuesday pickup/delivery.
• Identify yourself as a H.A.S. patron, and tell the staff member how many items are to be picked up and the items that you’d like delivered.
• You may request specific titles or make general requests, e.g. a mystery written in 2002 or a few books by Mary Higgins Clark.
• If the books you request are not available, the library is happy to place a reserve or request via interlibrary loan for you free of charge.